What Damage can Affect Commercial Buildings
Damage to any property can be highly stressful, expensive and upsetting for the owners. If you have a commercial property, then damage can have a whole extra dimension that makes matters all the worse. Fortunately, commercial restoration services exist to help restore your premises and get them back to functioning normally as quickly as possible. These services often tend to involve a range of other jobs which together can help to bring your property back to full health and save you a lot of time and money.
What Type of Damage Affects Commercial Buildings?
All the same types of damage that can affect residential properties have an equal chance of affecting commercial buildings. These include:
- Storm and wind damage – Damage caused by strong winds and heavy rain which can remove roof tiles, break windows and more.
- Water damage – Water damage can be caused by burst pipes, floods, rain or a number of other things. In any case, this can then result in contaminated water affecting surfaces and furniture, in mold growing and in items being eroded. Electricity and water damage are particularly volatile when combined.
- Fire damage – Fire damage can come from a cigarette that isn’t properly put out, from a gas stove or from lightning. In any case, this can then cause severe destruction to your property which requires cleaning and restoration services.
- Mold – Mold is highly unhygienic as well as being unappealing to look at. Mold spreads quickly around properties as air-borne spores and remediation is very important to prevent it from getting out of hand.
- Why Commercial Restoration Services Are So Important
If you have a damaged commercial property, then you need to look for a company offering commercial restoration services as quickly as possible.
As with any type of property damage, leaving your damage unattended could potentially cause it to get worse. Rainwater can get into your property if you have an exposed roof for instance and this can then cause mold and water damage. Likewise, if you have broken window, this can leave your commercial business vulnerable to theft and vandalism.
How Commercial Restoration Services Operate
When a business needs commercial restoration, they should look for services that provide 24-hour emergency services. These companies will be able to come out at any time of day in order to offer immediate relief and this means they can get started as soon as possible (or as soon as the fire departments have dealt with any potential risks).
From here, these companies will then go about assessing the extent of the damage. This will then allow them to come up with a good plan of action for addressing the damage and for restoring your building. Often the extent of the damage might be more severe than it appears on the face of it – for instance, if mold is accruing in another room as a result of water damage, or if smoke got into an adjoining part of the building.
Once everything is cleaned and moved out and the building is sealed, commercial restoration will then involve the repair and remodeling of various rooms. This may mean installing new fittings such as bathrooms and kitchens, it might mean replacing individual items such as cabinets or it might mean repainting the walls and re-carpeting.
Ultimately, commercial restoration companies provide a wide variety of different services which together can help to clean and restore a property after it has been affected by a storm, flood, fire or any other type of damage. This will then allow you to return to business as quickly as possible.
Tips for Businesses
Knowing a good commercial restoration company is a good way to ensure you will be able to start repairing and restoring your property as soon as possible and to get to work fast. Do the research before the fact then and look into insurance as well that will cover the costs.
When you are in need of a commercial restoration company, call SERVPRO of Baxter, Boone, Fulton & Marion Counties. If your commercial property or residence is in need of restoration, whether from storm damage, water damage, fire damage or mold, we will work to restore it to its former glory. We have helped many property owners, associations and homeowners renovate and repair their properties after a disaster has struck. You can count on us for prompt, efficient, and effective service. Toll free 866.445.8457